Lovingly and skillfully created oil paintings that will last a lifetime. The perfect gift for a pet lover to celebrate a new (or old) furry family member. Keep their memory forever with beautiful artwork for your home.
Sizes & Pricing
These are the recommended sizes for portraits on panel. The prices listed are for paintings on flat panels. Cradled panels with 3/4" or 1.5" wood sides are an extra $40 (prices in parenthenses), but you will not need to frame them. I put the hardware on the back, so a cradled panel will be ready to hang on your wall as is.
Stretched canvas or linen can also be substituted if you prefer a textured surface.
8x8" - $240
8x10" - $280
A perfect gift for the owner of a small pet. The square is good for the face, and the rectangle can fit a small pet's head and upper body.
12x12" - $360
12x16" - $400
This is a standard size for any kind of pet. The square is especially good for a headshot, while the rectangle can easily fit the full body of a smaller pet.
16x16" - $520
16x20" - $560
This size is ideal for large pets, full body images and/or multiple pets. A more elaborate background is also possible. Up to 2 pets are included in the prices listed. Additional pets are $50 each.
The best photos lead to the best paintings. Below are some guidelines for choosing or taking a photo of your pet. Sometimes it's not possible to have a high quality image, but please be aware of the limitations of the resulting painting. A low quality image is best suited to a less realistic, more "graphic" depiction, which I can also do for you.
- Clear light source
- Good color variation
- In focus
- Level with the pet's face
- 3/4 or front view (unless you have a strong preference for a side view)
- For black fur, please be sure there is enough light for me to see some variation in color and the shape of your pet.
- No clear light source
- Poor color visibility
- Too close (results in distortion)
- Too far (can't see details)
- Taken above the pet/looking down at the pet
- Over or under exposed (can't see details)
How to Book Your Pet Portrait
- Please fill out the form below to reserve a pet portrait or ask me any questions you have about the process. You can also attach up to 3 initial photos of your pet directly through the form.
- We’ll discuss what you’re looking for once I receive your request, and then decide on the best photo reference for the project.
- A 50% deposit sent via PayPal or Venmo is required before I begin painting.
- I will check in with you when the portrait is almost finished, to see if there’s anything you want tweaked.
- The rest of the payment is due before shipping.
- Shipping cost is on a case by case basis, based on the size and weight of the painting.
I'm so looking forward to working with you and portraying your beloved friend!